MONDAY APRIL 16
Activity: Take an epically relaxing bath.
Oils & Whatnot: Eucalyptus, Lavender, 1 cup Epsom Salt, 1/2 cup Castile soap, Lavender Hand and Body Lotion, your Diffuser (The Aria Diffuser was practically MADE to be a bubble bath sidekick 😍), and some music. Pull out all the stops for epic relaxation.
(Epsom salts are in nearly every store – I recommend always having those on hand! This is my favorite Castile soap we get monthly from Amazon, but any will do.
What’s So Relaxing About A Bath?
An epically relaxing bath is the epitome of self-care. Taking time just simply to breathe, be still, and release worry from your body. It feels indulgent, the stuff of people with nothing better to do with their time.
Ah, but that is not the case, dear friend. When you purpose to care for yourself in this way, you create space.
There is a pause.
An intentional moment of “…….”.
Yes, tasks must be accomplished, duties just be fulfilled, but what if at the end of a day you set aside 20 minutes just to pause? I believe you would see greater clarity and concentration to the necessary things because you intentionally made space for self-care.
There are also health benefits galore – from reducing stress to inducing sleep, there are lots of reasons to take a good soak. Check out more info on that here.
What Does Scripture Say?
1 Peter 5:7 – Cast all your anxiety on him because He cares for you.
Oh, yes, this Jesus that I serve is abundantly able to handle your anxious thoughts. You can cast it all upon his capable shoulders. Why? Because he cares for you! No matter how far you feel from him. No matter how deep the pit of despair you’re in. Jesus Christ cares for YOU.
Time and again in Scripture the believer is instructed “do not fear” and reminded that the ways of the Lord are higher. His plans are better. My ways? Not all that awesome. Meager efforts to control circumstances I have no hope of controlling in the first place.
Y’all, am I the only one who has trouble submitting and surrendering to the Lord? How often do I just try to muscle my way through a situation? More often than I’d like to admit. And, it goes frustratingly wrong most times.
When I STOP. When I PAUSE. Then I see the freedom that obedience ushers in. I don’t need to figure it all out, God has it all under control, I simply need to listen and obey. I need to cast my anxiety on him and wait expectantly to hear the comfort and care of the Holy Spirit.
What Will You Do?
1. Set up your diffuser in the bathroom. Diffuse whatever you fancy.
2. Play relaxing music if you can. But, if it requires your phone to be in the bathroom, don’t do it! Leave that device outside the door!
3. Run warm/hot water. Sprinkle 1 cup Epsom salts in and swirl to dissolve.
4. Add essential oils of your choice to 1/2 cup Castile soap. Lavender and Eucalyptus are excellent choices for relaxation and deep breathing. Add this mixture to the running water to create bubbles.
5. Get in and enjoy the time. Pray and breathe deeply, exhaling troubles and inhaling the peace of God that transcends all understanding.
6. Aim for a 20-minute soak to detoxify the body, relax muscles, and fully unwind.
7. For more tips and ideas, click here.