Last week I tested a promising recipe for natural playdough. My last attempt using a different recipe having failed miserably, I was really banking on this one to be awesome. [Not least because I had volunteered to teach a kids crafting class at our local library demonstrating it this week!]
Turns out, it was literally the easiest and best playdough recipe on the planet! A serious win! Now, most of the ingredients I had in my pantry already, with two exceptions. Cream of Tartar and Natural Food Coloring. And, since I’m guessing you’re not swimming in Cream of Tartar either, Amazon to the rescue!
Never letting me down, everything I needed was at my doorstep in just 2 days. I’m so spoiled with Prime.
Anyway. Y’all, the playdough was PERFECT.
- So easy. 5 minutes. Maybe 3, depending on if you can boil water as fast as me.
- Great consistency. Like an fluffy cloud of awesomeness. Plus, the oils make it smell amazing.
- Kid-friendly process (because any craft with no waiting or dry-time is a sure win in my book.)
- Very little mess, and fastest food-coloring cleanup ever. No stained hands. No drama. Powdered natural food coloring is my new favorite thing!
- A must-do for your summer!
Try the recipe and let me know how you like it!
1. Mix flour, salt, and cream of tartar together.
2. Blend in vegetable oil and essential oils.
3. Stir in boiling water and knead dough with hands until moldable.
4. Add natural food coloring as desired.